Is quartz stronger than glass?
Some friends who are more concerned about the glass industry may often hear people mention quartz glass. We often come into contact with various types of glass materials, but because many people do not understand the glass industry deeply enough, various problems have arisen around it. In order to help you understand the characteristics of quartz glass and solve your doubts, we have compiled this article and hope it can help.
1. The difference between quartz glass and ordinary glass
Quartz glass is a special industrial technical glass with a single component of silica. This glass has a hardness of up to seven Mohs, has high temperature resistance, low expansion coefficient, thermal shock resistance, chemical stability and electrical insulation performance, and can transmit ultraviolet and infrared rays. In addition to hydrofluoric acid and hot phosphoric acid, it has good acid resistance to general acids. Divided into two categories of transparent and opaque according to transparency. According to the purity, it is divided into three categories: high purity, ordinary and doped. Crystal, silica and silicide are used as raw materials, which are formed by high temperature melting or chemical vapor deposition. The melting methods include electric melting method and gas refining method.
At room temperature, glass is a transparent solid, which forms a continuous network structure during melting. During cooling, the viscosity gradually increases and hardens without crystallization. Silicate non-metallic materials. The chemical composition of ordinary glass is Na2O · CaO · 6SiO2, the main component is silicon dioxide. It is widely used in buildings, used for wind and light transmission, and belongs to a mixture. There are also colored glass mixed with oxides or salts of certain metals to show color, and through special methods Tempered glass, etc.
2. What to pay attention to when using quartz glass
1. Quartz glass products are valuable materials, they must be handled with care when using them, and be very careful;
2. All kinds of quartz glass have a limit operating temperature, which should not be exceeded during use, otherwise it will crystallize or soften and deform;
3. Quartz glass that needs high temperature must be wiped clean before use. Can be soaked with 10% hydrofluoric acid or lotion, and then washed with high-purity water or treated with alcohol. Wear thin-line gloves during operation, and do not allow direct contact with quartz glass by hand;
4. Continuous use of quartz glass products under high temperature is beneficial to extend the life of quartz glass and improve temperature resistance. On the contrary, when quartz glass products are used intermittently at high temperatures, the number of uses is limited;
5. Although the quartz glass material has extremely high thermal stability, it can withstand drastic temperature changes. However, in actual use, due to the difference in residual strain and product shape, there is a certain difference in thermal stability. Care should be taken when using it;
6. Quartz glass is an acidic material. When using at high temperature, strictly avoid contact with alkaline substances (such as water glass, asbestos, potassium and sodium compounds, etc.), otherwise it will greatly reduce its anti-crystallization performance.
We customize all kinds of water glass pipe with nice price.
Welcome sending your inquiry:
Sales manager: Amanda
Phone/WhatsApp: +86 18625920511